Monday, February 21, 2005

Sunday has come and gone...

After gift exchange, DM and I headed out to The Chalet for karaoke. Today was President's Day so the place was a bit busier than normal. Not all of the businesses were closed for the holiday (like Memorial Day or Labor Day weekends), but more people had Monday off than normal and more made the trek out to the bar.

I had a wonderful time last night. Michael was there and we had missed him the week before. Dean showed up and we got a chance to chat with him for a bit. Stephanie (another regular to karaoke and a fantastic singer) joined us for a while at the table.

Most of the crowd were partaking in the alcoholic beverages last night and so the crowd was upbeat and happy. Nothing too crazy or funny happened, but it was just a good time. Angie (one of Michael's friends) asked me to sing a "new" song and I tried it. I had tried it one time before and felt extremely self-conscious singing it, but I was talked into it yet again this week.

I thought I needed an oxygen tank after I was done singing it and I was so nervous. It felt like my first time singing karaoke ever. It was fun, but intimidating. The song I sang was, "Me and Bobby McGee," the only Janis Joplin song they have in the karaoke book. It's a fun one, I can say that.

Those looking for an update about The Boy and Pete, there isn't one. They didn't show up this week. They don't normally make every week so it doesn't bother me. I'm slightly disappointed because I know I like stories from Sunday and I know that I want to find out more information (and it's just fun), but I will survive.

I laughed so much yesterday at gift exchange and at karaoke. It was a day to remember.