Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Before you tell me to go to the doctor...

I hate doctors. I think they're a waste of money. This belief comes from my family and so I avoid doctors, only going when absolutely necessary.

For example, if I have the flu, a doctor will tell me to rest, take some Nyquil (or whatever over-the-counter medication), and drink plenty of fluids. Do I need to pay him my $30 co-pay for that? I think not.

When I got a sinus infection, I went to the doctor immediately. To get rid of an infection, one needs antibiotics and so I went. He prescribed me these pills and I was on my way. That's okay.

Why am I bringing this up?

Because I seem to have come down with the bug that's going around and I feel like crap. It came on rather quickly too.

My eyes are watery and blood-shot. I fell asleep last night at 1:30 AM (which is extremely unusual for me). I woke up before noon today on my own. My throat hurts and I have a cough. Without being too descriptive, the cough is not just the simple, garden variety, polite cough you hear from high society members. No, it's the whole flemmy thing. And it's gross. I took my temperature and I have a slight fever (Dana, do not freak out here, it's only 99.8 - not 103.1 like the other time). Since my body usually doesn't reside at the standard 98.6 most people are used to, the fever is a little more significant, but still nothing to get too alarmed over.

So I figure I need plenty of rest, take some Nyquil (or Advil cold and sinus so I don't sleep for three days solid), and drink plenty of fluids. I'm going to run to the store and buy fruit juice. I'm not going to just drink Coke all day.

I think I need to call in to work. Crap!

2 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, CarpeDM said...

I am so sorry that you are sick. I will not nag or worry excessively.

Why, why do you keep bringing up the 103 temp? It only makes me feel guilty for talking you into coming to work. Do you like to make me feel guilty?

Anyway, guilt aside, I am hoping you feel better soon. I sent you a surprise but I am not telling you what it is. Hahaha.

At 11:45 AM, The Lioness said...

Being sick is the pits, hope you feel better soon.