Tuesday, November 23, 2004

My pledge

One of the things that Sheepsheadians do at Fridleykins is to listen to conversations, snippets that drift to our table while we're playing cards.

We usually only hear the parts that a speaker so dramatically emphases and it makes us smile. I don't know what people must have thought from this gem, but this is the pledge I made after Matt relayed a story from work:

"I know that we're friends through thick and thin and I'd do almost anything for each of you. Here's my promise right now. I will NEVER give any of you an enema or ask you to give me an enema. I'm sorry, but that's where I draw the line."

3 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, CarpeDM said...

Well, don't forget, you did promise to drive me to the hospital if I needed an enema.

Yeah, I'm making the pledge as well.

At 9:23 AM, The Lioness said...

Wussies!

At 7:49 PM, Firebear said...

Wow! and I didn't even see you in the booth next to us!