Saturday, January 29, 2005

The Headache Has Been Minimized

I should be leaving for work in a few minutes, but I wanted to do a quick post about my "Splitting Headache". I had dreaded going to work on Friday, but luckily, the day was good.

Negative Nelly was there, however she was subdued. After the talk with our boss on Thursday, she went home and did some serious thinking. She came into work and apologized to both my boss and I for her behavior. She also made an effort on Friday to be enthusiastic about her job and remained positive throughout the night. She also said that she didn't really think we were picking on her.

You don't understand how much of a relief all this was. I am sick of walking on eggshells around her and this made it so I don't have to worry about looking in her direction. She also got a bit of help with her resume on Friday night and she's looking into more career opportunities. She had been upset that my boss hadn't been giving her career development (which he had been) and he had told her, "I'm happy to help you. It's a two-way street though. I can't fill out your applications for you." So she's more prepared to make some effort towards her own future.

I have to run! DM and Keem are coming over after I get off work for scrapping and it's going to be a total blast, as always. I will post about my Friday night with a few from work and my big brother soon.

1 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, CarpeDM thought...

Oh, that's good. I'm glad Nelly has realized she can't blame you and your boss for everything.

Yay! Scrapbooking! I'm so psyched!