Friday, January 14, 2005

Random Moments From the Last Couple of Days

I let my membership for the "Pity Party for the Single Mother Who Feels All Acts in the World are Direct Insults to Her Club" expire. I'm glad I didn't sign up for the lifetime membership. Witnessing the extent of her wrath for those who did not bow down at her feet for her untimely and outrageous request was quite amusing.

After reading chapters of my new textbook on Employment Law, I now find myself thinking in legal terms. This is so not going to help the whole "Vulcan/Android" thought process that tries to take over my brain. I'm being assimilated. Yet, I find it fascinating. This class is going to be a whole lot more work than I have ever experienced in a class, however; I'm enjoying it. Can it be work if it's fun? Oh yes, it can. I get paid for my job at NABABNA and I love it.

Who couldn't love the debate on whether or not "Big Yellow Taxi" is a song with swear words in it? I know that it's been covered a few times now, but I still have yet to find a version that would be unsuitable to play overhead in a professional environment.

I have a phone! No, I'm not talking about my new cell phone. I'm discussing the fact I moved desks at work and it only took two weeks for my desk phone to make it to my new location. But I LOVE having it back. I have one desk now (not the four I was inhabiting). My new desk is larger and no longer has a large pillar in the middle of it. It's quite exciting. Hey, I'm easily pleased.

I want pancakes. In fact, I want another manager/lead at work to serve our team pancakes when we win the challenge presented to that team for next week.

Mid-January is always the coldest time of year in Minnesota. Is that why I dread it every year? Or is it that the cold reminds me of days long since past? January is not an easy month for me, however; I'm getting better at not letting January remind me of people I once knew.

Tonight, I thought about B. (Also mentioned here and here.) I was not reminded of him because I particularly wanted to talk to him, but I remembered when he worked at our call center. It was uncanny. I could get him to go out and start my car for me EVERY single time. That was a nice benefit. Maybe the one and only time I truly played the "I'm a woman and you're a big, strong manly man" card in my entire life. I remember driving him crazy with not letting him hold doors open for me (yes, my mom taught me courtesy is to take turns holding doors open), but I always begged him to start my car on cold nights. Foxy was always nice and toasty for me when it was -10 outside. How I miss that.

During January, my thoughts also always turn towards Charlie. (See these posts: 1, 2, 3, and 4.) My memories of Charlie are from many cold January nights, using laughter and smiles to keep ourselves warm while the wind whispered outside. His birthday is also in January. I guess January is not as much hard as it is a time that reminds me of such happy moments of my life. If I look at it that way, I guess I could say I like January. It's almost bittersweet.

It is bloody cold here in Minnesota. It was -10 degrees when I left work to come home. That's without the windchill. With windchill, it's -31. (I obtained that information from here.) One of the weathermen for Kare 11 (the NBC affiliate in Minnesota) mentioned that they redid the windchill factors since I was a kid. -31 used to be classified around the -50 range. Like when it's -31 you can feel those 19 degrees. Wow. What a heat wave. There comes a point where cold is cold. Being colder just doesn't really do anything. Except maybe make it harder to start the car. I hope my car starts tomorrow afternoon. It's pretty new, but it's awfully cold outside. I really should invest in a hat and a scarf. I wonder where my actual winter jacket is. It might be a good time to break it out.

I have been keeping a list of how people find my site again. I will leave you with the list, in its entirety, from oldest search to most recent. Enjoy! (Some are frightening, some are not. You decide.)

"national american university" television commercial lyrics
sheepshead for xp
"throwing oranges in an apple cart" phrase This was from a Cowboy Mouth song.
"man lactate"
1992 ford taurus conan o
Lyrics to Cowboy Mouth Louisiana Lowdown
women went to the bathroom take bra off
free stories. take a girls heart away.
pictures of sheepshead teeth
beat the zuma game
"america discovers white people"
enema stories
blog "i am afraid to drive"
aunt's enema stories
i need to pee soooooooooo bad Yes, they used 10 o's. I know I go a little overboard with this, but 10?
original Dukes of Hazards movie
garbage in sheepshead
friend ended friendship mend
johnny damon's girlfriend beth
"enema to my"
christmas memory stories
funny child birth stories for scrapbookers

4 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, shoobaba thought...

I love pancakes too :) Although I didn't finish reading the entire post cuz it was too long for me hehe... but yes, I love pancakes. They should open pancake parlours at every corner!

At 8:41 AM, The Lioness thought...

Hi Dahlingest, I'm in the mood for commenting today so I'm on a rampage! I have missed it but I know you understand why I can't most of the time. Pancakes sounds good. Banana pancakes sound v good - not that I ever had any. B's family tried to talk me into trying maple syrup but, well, the thought of all that sugar nearly paralysed me so no, thank you. And: regardless of what you do, you will NEVER tunr into a Vulcan so chill babe. Kisses and hugs!

At 8:16 PM, Matt thought...

I loved this post Little SIster, this was awesome! I also love pancakes, and I miss the best pancakes in the world from the Town Talk diner off of LAke Street when I was going to broadcasting school. They were the best, the best, the abso-f*****g-lutely best pancakes ever!

I know what it is like to get a new desk and be happy about it, it is a great feeling when that happens. I even got an office when I got my new desk, way awesome!

Well I have to go for now, I will talk to you all later, looking forward to Queen Time tonight.
Later!
Big Brother

At 12:08 PM, CarpeDM thought...

I could go for waffles right now. The kind my grandmother would make. Slightly burned with butter and butter flavored maple syrup. Because you can never have enough butter.

Had a great time reading this and trying to figure out who the single mother was.