Saturday, December 18, 2004

Blasted! Foiled by a bunch of teenagers!

The plan was formed and everything was ready to go off, without a hitch. And then, hiccup! This seems a little random.

As for the title, there are no actual teenagers foiling anything around here (except maybe at the salon - highlights are good for hair). I'm actually discussing the whole audio blogging. I tried it again and I don't know if my cell phone just won't take the sound correctly, but it sounds HORRIBLE. I'm not just talking about songs I sang, I even tried with one of Bryan's songs (the host from karaoke) and it sounded like crap. All distant and static-y.

And why won't AOL let me send something over 16 MB? I tried compressing the files (since they are technically video files - you just can't see anything because it's always dark where karaoke is involved) and it still didn't work.

I'm frustrated. That seems to be happening a lot lately.

On a much more pleasant note, I'm going to a movie with Keem and DM this afternoon! This is a good plan, especially since my phone STILL HAS NOT RUNG. I am over feeling like crap about the whole thing. I will see what happens at karaoke tomorrow night, but I don't really care. Someone told me (last night at the party, but I don't remember who said it), "It is the holiday season, you have to give a little extra allowance for that." Well, a week is a pretty big allowance anyway, in my book. I am not looking for romance right now and I was willing to try for a bit, but if the bloke* isn't as excited to call me as I was to have him call, it tends to cool me off.

I really wanted to share some of the karaoke songs with everyone. I am disappointed. It might work better to record straight to audio blogger, it's just that it is too hard to hear the instructions over the cell phone while we're sitting right next to a speaker.

Oh, and in anticipation of maybe going out tonight, I managed to wake up the pool hall junkie bug in my system. I thought I had beat it into submission, but it seems to have broken free of its chains and is now screaming at me, "Let's go! Let's go! Let's go! Let's go to the pool hall!" Why do I have this addiction?

DM just called and I am off to the movie now. Have fun world! Be good.

-------

*My brain went completely dead and I couldn't remember how to spell bloke. This is a little disturbing to me. The funny part is that instead of grabbing the dictionary right next to me, I grabbed my cell phone and called Matt. He answered and I said, "How do you spell bloke?" He spelt the word. Then I said, "That's why I called." Yes, I am strange. It's okay though. I know you love me.

1 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, CarpeDM thought...

"Yes, I am strange. It's okay though. I know you love me."

You so just channeled me there.

Oh, I finally just got the foiled by a bunch of teenagers title. I am hanging my head in shame. My inner Velma is so ticked off at me.