Monday, December 06, 2004

Time After Time

Lying in my bed
I hear the clock tick
And think of you
Caught up in circles
Confusion is nothing new

Tonight, DM and I went to karaoke at The Chalet, as usual. My big brother, Matt, joined us.

When Bryan arrived, we asked him, "Who did you think THE DATE was with?" Bryan seemed genuinely confused that it was with Pete and not THE BOY. He called it the bait and switch.

When Michael arrived, we asked him, "Who did you think THE DATE was with?" Michael was equally as confused. This goes to show how obvious it had been when DM and I were invited to go play darts with THE BOY and Pete.

Bryan shared a fact that makes the story of THE DATE even worse. Pete used to have a mullet. That's right. A mullet. Bryan explained how it was spiky on the top and beyond mid-back in the back. Oh yuck.

We were having a fantastic time and then THE BOY walked in with a different friend than Pete. Then he came over to me and asked if we had gone on Saturday night (which he seemed to know already but I think he used it to open up conversation). Then he apologized to me (and notice that he was talking with me specifically here) because he wasn't able to make it. He had to work. Which I don't quite understand, but whatever. His words and actions made it seem as if the plans had been to have the date between him and I, but life got in the way.

Pete came in a little later with a couple of women and he didn't really talk to me.

THE BOY eventually sat in a chair from our table but near Pete's table. This sounds odd, but Pete's table was right next to ours. I think he did it to be a part of our conversation but also be a part of his friend's conversation.

We did talk a little about movies and songs. He asked what was new in my life. Oh, and he said his all-time best movie is a Clint Eastwood movie, The Outlaw Josey Wales. I own that movie. Because I love Clint Eastwood (I don't care how old he gets, he's still hot!) He made it seem quite clear that the date was supposed to have happened between him and I.

Then he was up talking with Bryan about which song he was going to sing and told Bryan, "I need to change this, I was an asshole." He pointed at me when he said this last part, implying that he screwed up and he needed to make it up to me or something.

Then he sang, "We've Got Tonight" by Bob Seger. He knows I like it when he sings Bob Seger songs and this was a good one for the tone of the evening.

I get the feeling (and DM does too), that Pete was supposed to tell me that THE BOY couldn't make it. To give Pete credit, he did say something after telling me THE BOY wasn't at the other bar, but I couldn't understand it. He mumbles and looks away when talking. Plus, the music was pretty loud in the bar we were at. Maybe that's why he kept bringing up THE BOY.

Let's set the record straight about the bar fight Pete told me about. I know very little about the story and I may have gotten a few facts wrong. I'm not sure if THE BOY was actually involved in the fight or if he had just been at the bar that night playing darts. I think I'll ask one of these days if he's ever been in a bar fight.

DM and I are confused about what happened tonight. We get the impression that Pete tried to take advantage of a situation and make a move on me. When THE BOY is around, he doesn't show any interest and it is quite evident that THE BOY is interested. Since the move made on Saturday night was not met with happiness, hopefully Pete won't be a problem.

I just have to say, I have no clue what is going on. I know THE BOY made it a point to say goodbye tonight and Pete just walked out. I know THE BOY made sure that DM and I will be at The Chalet next week. I know he talked to me and was genuinely sad that he couldn't be at the other bar on Saturday night. I'm quite confused and I'm sorry to keep going on about this subject.

I know my stomach still flip-flopped when he walked in. I can say honestly I am attracted to him still and I do like him quite a bit. I want to get to know him better. I can say that it's been a long time since I've been around any man who makes me feel like I do inside. I've had crushes and all, but I haven't had a "click" in my mind about a man like this very many times. I can feel chemistry with this man. And I like the chemistry.

So I may be an idiot, but I want to see what happens. I'm confused as heck but at least I didn't really have a date with Pete, I just ended up spending time with Pete because THE BOY couldn't be there. And I think Pete's a scumbag. There's something not quite wholesome about him. Thanks for reading.

2 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, The Lioness said...

I'm very appreciative of fluttery butterflies in the tummy but THE BOY is a bloody slow mover!!! WHY oh WHY didn't he take the chance to ask you out yesterday??? WHY OH WHY??? He's so aggravating! Shy on top of evrything else? Boobv-flash him already, maybe that way he'll muster up some courage. And if you do make plans w him ever again, EXCHANGE NUMBERS FOR PITY'S SAKE! That way you'll be a) drawn closer b) able to contact each other if something happens and one can't make it. Daft enamoured people, DON'T MAKE ME GO THERE and take matters into my hands. (Actually, that's be so cool, to see all of you IRL! IMAGINE!!!)

At 11:50 AM, Firebear said...

People effect us. Some effective us deeply with out knowing why. If you play life safe, you stay away from these people. You do all you can do to avoid them because these are the people that can hurt you to your soul.Or you through caution to the wind.
I am not discounting what you fell. I am assuming you have some protective walls up after Saturday. Just be careful.