Friday, December 24, 2004

A Wish of Peace, Goodwill, and Great Friends

Although 2004 seems to be the year I revolted against the holidays, I find myself sitting here thinking about all the good feelings I get from this time of year. I wish everyone a season filled of love, friendship, and peace.

This got me thinking about great friends. I love my friends. They are my family I got to pick.

One thing I found interesting about my friends and have to share. I realized that DM and I refer to things we are doing as "we". I noticed that when I comment on sites that DM and I both visit, I write, "We [verb]..." If someone didn't know us better, they would think that DM and I both had multiple personalities. I've caught DM doing it too. And you know what, it makes me feel good. It's great to have a friend as wonderful as DM. Hey, she faked an asthma attack to get me away from Pete. How can you beat that?

In thinking about New Year's resolutions, I think I'd like to resolve to spend more time with Keem this next year. I like seeing her on our Friday nights at Fridleykins. We need to do more fun things. Keem is one of those friends I'm so glad to have. I'd love to share more stories about Keem. You'd love her just like I do.

A special greeting of warm wishes to Matt. You are the best big brother I could have ever hoped for. Thank you for the year of laughs, tears (even if the tears were from bad things, I enjoyed your company and all of your help), and sharing.

Happy thoughts to all those I have met through blogging. I am so thankful to have met Lioness. I can't wait to hear about your adventures in Canada and also when DM and I visit you in April.

I also started thinking about Christmas and what it means to me. I am not a religious person. I have beliefs similar to Christian religions, however; I don't agree with the churches I've experienced. I think that Christmas to me is a time to show those you love that you care for them. I think it's a time to reflect on what makes life wonderful. I think it is a time of humanity. I wish Peace and Goodwill to All. It's not about religion to me, it's about caring for others. That's what makes us the human race.

4 Comments:

At 5:32 AM, The Lioness thought...

I am happy as well, v much so. But I thought you were going to go for my real name now? ;D

At 10:01 AM, Anonymous thought...

What you are describing as Christmas is exactly what Christianity is, or at least should be, all about: love, caring for others, peace, goodwill. Unconditional love is what God offers us. "Religion" on the other hand is another thing. I've never commented before, but I do enjoy reading your blogs. Merry Christmas!
Char

At 12:14 PM, CarpeDM thought...

Merry Christmas to you as well, Beth!

I agree with you about the relgion thing. That's one of the reasons why I don't go to church anymore. I believe in God and Jesus but not organized religion.

You're right, we do that a lot with the "We" in comments. Hmm. See, I just did that again. However, in my case, as Queen of the Universe, it is the royal We. I don't know what you think YOU'RE doing.

Although, I suppose, as my daughter, you would be the Princess of the Universe. Which just sounds silly. We'll have to think of a better title.

Mucho love (practicing on my Spanish before we go to see Johnny. Because Spanish will come in SO handy in Portugal) and I'll call you later!

At 12:33 PM, Matt thought...

I also enjoyed your company, as I always do, because not only are you my Little Sister, you are also my friend, and a very good one at that. Well you know my feelings on Christianity and religion and whatnot, so I will not waste the time to type it here, but I hope that next year brings us more fun and more bonding as human beings and as brother and sister. Take care Beth.
Big Brother