Friday, December 10, 2004

Cat update

I shared the story last night about my mom and her finding a kitten in the neighborhood. Read about it here.

When I got up today, I had an update in my Inbox about the kitty. The original owners have not claimed the kitten and my mom took him to the vet to make sure there wasn't one of those identification tags in the kitty. Scott's brother ended up not wanting to take the kitten and so my mom is going to keep him as a pet.

My mom doesn't like the fact that when the other owners declawed the kitten they declawed the back legs. She understands the front paws, but since this kitten can get outside, she'd much rather have him have back claws. Can a cat get over a 5 foot fence without claws? I think he can, but she'll probably do what she did to Mac. If he gets too big, it gets hard to leave the safety of the backyard. I'm sure she'll stop with the amounts of people food that this kitten has been getting, but she's having a hard time breaking the habits the kitten seemed to have when she found him.

In her email, she shared a couple of more things. First of all, the kitten seems to be much more interested in the Christmas tree than Mac ever was. She has found a couple of broken ornaments and the lights and garland are all over the floor. I don't get kitties.

Forgive the language here, but this is a direct quote:

Think of names. Scott came up with three so far. Mike, Bob and Cheese. I don't listen to him anymore. I call him kitty or goddammit most of the time. Sometimes GODDAMMIT.

She loves him already.

I want her to name the kitty Salsa or Burrito.

3 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, The Lioness said...

Oh thank God! A kitten without any claws should not be leaving the safety of the yard at all, here's to his speedy fattening.

I like Salsa and Burrito but am rather partial to GODAMMIT. Which Surprised You. For sure.

At 6:25 PM, Lala said...

I second the name Godammnit, as long as you're not offended.

At 6:06 AM, CarpeDM said...

I like Cheese. Because then her pets are Taco, Chip, Mac and Cheese. That's cool.