Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Nothin' could wipe this smile from my face

Excitement is all around! Share with me. Bask in the glory of totally cool ideas and news!

Am I thrilled about the fact my class is ending? Well, yes, but that's not the totally awesome news that I have.

Am I excited that Christmas is coming? Not really. I'm so unprepared this year, but I guess the day will be special anyway.

Is it the anticipation of going to work tomorrow that has me this happy? I won't even comment about that.

No. I'm thrilled, excited, filled with joy, happy, glad, cheerful, delighted, ecstatic, eager, and delirious over the wonderful idea and invitation that was offered to me today.

What is this idea? Asking questions is good. I will tell you.

DM and I are going to PORTUGAL!!!

That's right folks, DM and I are going to visit The Lioness in Portugal in April!!! How cool is this? DM and I are going to be looking into flights (probably within the next week or so) and we both need to get passports. Actually, I need to renew mine and DM needs to get one. We also need to figure out when to take vacation time from work, but we're going to do it.

We've been wanting to go on vacation to Europe for years and this is the perfect solution. We get to meet our friend in person and we get to see wonderful sites! Oh, I'm so excited I can barely sit still!

I'm thinking I should probably try to learn at least some basic Portuguese. I don't think the high school Spanish or German is going to go all that far.

This is sooooo going to ROCK!

(How did I tell DM that this would be a possibility? Here's the thing, we've both talked about how cool it would be to go to Portugal to meet The Lioness and I knew we both were agreeable to the idea. We never discussed how it would work. Today, when talking to The Lioness on MSN, the idea was set into stone. I told her I would chat with DM about it. I got to work and emailed DM. I wrote, "We're going to Europe in April." She wrote back, "OMG! This is so cool. How much do I need to save?" No reservations. I love her! Oh, this is going to be so awesome!)

6 Comments:

At 2:09 AM, The Lioness thought...

Spanish will be fine. Thank you is "Ôbrigada" for a girl, and please is "por favor" (poor favvôr). Hallo is "olá", stress on last syllable. You're all set! COOL!

At 8:26 AM, CarpeDM thought...

Um, Lioness, you left out the most important phrase. One that no woman can be without.

Muy guapo hombre.

I also can say Feliz Navidad (because that'll be so helpful in April), caliente, aqua and count to six. Oh, yeah, and cervesa. Because that'll come in handy with my not drinking.

I cannot wait! PORTUGAL! THE LIONESS! YAY!

You know, Lioness, if you wanted to be my best friend for life, you would figure out a way to move Portugal closer to London so I could fulfill two lifelong dreams. I have faith in your powers. Work on that for me, okay?

At 9:14 AM, Matt thought...

Little Sister,
That is so totally awesome cool!!!! I cannot wait to see pictures and pictures and pictures!!!!!!! I hope that all goes well for you and DM, and I think it is just awesome that you are going to meet the Lioness in person. Oh so cool!!!!! I have to get back to work right now, but I will talk to you later about all of this. Till then,
Big Brother

At 9:26 AM, The Lioness thought...

"Meu lindo" should do the trick - we do have schoenner maenner, you know. Also, if YOU could move Portugal closer to London AND Israel, that's be my total happiness right there! You're coming! YEY!

At 9:29 AM, The Lioness thought...

WTF, schoenner maenner = handsome men, I'm so sorry, this dawn was horrible due to flight/hotel booking and I haven't slept since 4.30 am, am knackered, KNACKERED, and apparently it's showing, don't know why I'm reverting to German.

At 11:06 AM, The Lioness thought...

OMG and BAD German at that!!! Schoenne Maenner, no R!!! NO R!!! Daft cow.