Monday, October 11, 2004

Bad Beth, Bad, Bad!

I'm supposed to be doing homework, and I will, but I have an addiction I need to feed. I have to blog about karaoke tonight.

Before I go too much further into what happened at karaoke, I have to let Rod know about "Photograph" and "Stroke". Unfortunately, those songs are not at karaoke. Any other requests? We will sing the songs if they're there.

The beginning of the night was pretty uneventful. We got to karaoke, avoided "Cowboy Joe", the man from Beer Goggles parts 1 & 2. He had some woman sitting on his lap the entire evening. One other singer actually pointed out the abundance of chairs in the place. Mr. I-Wanna-Be-A-Cowboy decided to sing again. Wait, let me rephrase that. He decided to sit on a stool on the stage and violate the microphone. I'm not trying to be mean. Dana and I will applaud ANY singer who has the courage to get up on the stage and sing. We are karaoke cheerleaders. This man doesn't sing though. He puts both hands on the microphone and mumbles. He sang, "Butterfly Kisses," a song that normally puts me in tears, and I didn't even recognize what he was singing until the third verse!

The woman with him had a great quote tonight. It made me smile inwardly. She said, "I wish I could harmonize but I can't." I'm not sure if she just wanted to avoid being on stage with him or if she actually thought she'd make the song worse!

Back to the juice of the evening. THE BOY walked into the bar as Dana was getting up to sing, "Bad Moon Risin'." He's getting a beer from the bartender as Dana starts belting out, "I see a bad moon risin'." Here's my first bad thought. I look at him and think, "But that's a good moon."

I kept staring, probably obviously, at THE BOY. I am one who has always said, 'I'll never meet a guy in a bar.' Well, I might bend that rule now. We'll see. Read on for more fun parts.

He's looking at one of the books of songs and we make eye contact. Yes, EYE contact. He looks at my eyes, not my chest. This is a big plus! He says hello and I ask him to sing LOTS tonight.

Bryan calls me to sing and I decide it's time for "Time After Time." I'm not good at looking at people while I sing, but I look up tonight. THE BOY is watching me during the ENTIRE song. I keep making eye contact with him, smiling. I'm twitter-patted at this time. He's so CUTE! And he's so NICE!

After I finish "Time After Time," I sit back down at the table with Dana. THE BOY and his friend come over and THE BOY asks if they can sit with us. Here's where my mind turned to mush for the rest of the night.

THE BOY has been coming up to karaoke for as long as Dana and I have been. I've watched him from a distance for over a year now and tonight he decided to get to know Dana and I a little. THE BOY and his friend sat with us for the rest of the night. They usually leave after two beers and a song, but tonight they stayed until closing!

Since my mind was mush, here's what else I noticed:

He smells FANTASTIC!
His eyelashes are gorgeous!
He has a great sense of humor!
THE BOY considers himself a little bit of a dork - this made me melt.
He's got to be only about 2-4 years older than me.
He makes eye contact. I know I've said this, but man! it's great.
He has wonderfully broad shoulders. His build is great overall. Just fantastic.
He told me that he is a hairdresser and a mechanic. I understand completely. And I do think this is cool.
I don't mind that he drinks beer. I don't.
He gets along with his friend marvelously.

I can't wait until next Sunday!

Happy thoughts for me. =)

3 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, CarpeDM said...

You are so cute. This was a fun night. I'll have to post some of my random thoughts about karaoke later but your post sums it up pretty well.

Yes, THE BOY is quite attractive. And very nice.

I miss this feeling. I wish that I could have it again. And, as I said to you last night, I'd really like it if I could have that feeling about anybody but Cream Puff Man. Since he was the last guy I really, really liked. The bastard.

At 2:28 PM, Firebear said...

Okay, he is a hairdresser and didn't look at your chest. Hmmmm, makes you wonder! I am kidding, forget I said that. I am glad you had a great night. I agree, that is a great feeling to have!

At 5:30 PM, The Lioness said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

(DM, OF COURSE you can have that again! I'm all for self-control when it's warranted but the leap into deprivation, once made, can be undone. Fingers crossed for you too!)