Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Ug!

Statistics is killing me. I cannot wait until this class is over. I'm trying to be optimistic and think I'll pass the class, but I'm going insane.

I spent so much time yesterday on that stupid system that I was tormented in my sleep by statistics.

Do you understand how boring of a dream it is to be sitting down at your computer with a calculator, pencil, and reams of notebook paper, working the same problems over and over?

I didn't go to work today since I think I managed to actually get maybe two hours of sleep last night and it is making me feel like crap. My stomach hurts, my head hurts, my shoulder ache. They say that stats can't kill you, but I think they can. I do.

I've had about 1/2 a case of Coke in the last two days. This can't be good for me. I still have four topics to learn before I can "fill in the pie". There is this horrible pie chart of what you're supposed to know and what you do know.

When I did the initial assessment, I had filled in the math part of the pie. I had no other parts filled in. I have now finished the basic statistics part, which is good because you can't seem to even get questions for the inferential statistics piece without doing the basics.

I want to act like a little kid and lay on the floor, kicking and screaming, "But I don't CARE how to do a hypothesis test for the difference of population means!"

What doesn't help is the fact I was speaking to a guy at work last weekend who took stats years ago and loved it. He told me that in 30 years of working, he used something from stats ONE TIME!

I know I'm going to forget the knowledge from this class as soon as I chuck the text book across the room on the last day and yet I have to do the work! AHHHH!

So I feel like crap because of statistics. (And maybe a flu bug.)

On a much better note, I still have music to listen to. And plenty of Coca-Cola. The pretty red can. Ah, Coke. I'm starting to understand the power of the color red.

8 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Rev said...

Mmm pie.

I'm going to put a link to your blog on my blog pretty soon. I'm sick too. Pobably the flu. My head is messed up.

At 8:31 PM, brooksba said...

Hi Rev!

That sounds great.

I'm sorry you're sick. It is no fun at all.

On a good note, I'm feeling better once I put the text book down for the night! It's amazing how mood plays such a large part of how you feel.

At 8:32 PM, Emily said...

Hi, You should Check This Out. Get a Free Flatscreen TV or LCD Monitor. Just click on link to find out more. FreeFlatScreen

At 8:53 PM, CarpeDM said...

I, unlike Emily, do not have a flat screen to offer you. Sorry. However, I can relate to the weird dreams. I dream that Sandy, our trainer, had a whip and was snapping it in my ear because I kept falling asleep in class. This is not a good thing.

I am sorry you are not feeling good or possibly are feeling good now that you have shut the book.

Red is very cool. I like it.

At 9:20 PM, brooksba said...

Hello,

Thanks for the flat screen offer, but I already have a flat screen monitor and I don't watch much TV.

DM,

Crazy dream!

Hey, I found a catwoman costume yesterday. I'm never wearing it. What are you going to be for Halloween?

At 9:46 AM, Matt said...

Little Sister,
Sorry that I haven't been able to blog the past couple of days, been busy. I am sorry to hear that you were not feeling good, I never like it when you are sick, no one does. I still have nevfer urn across someone who wakes up and says, "OH AWESOME!!!!!!! I've tgot the runs!!!!" Or something like that.

Red is a very cool color, it is (for me anyhow) exciting and soothing all at the same time. I donm'tknow why, I do know however that every time I see a red blanket I have to charge it. Could that be the Astrological sign in me coming out?

Hope that stats will be done soon, I hate seeing what it is doing ot you. Besides, how cool am I going to look if I come over to your apartment and kick the Stats Book ass? Nothing says tough than a man kicking a book across the room, screaming at it, "NOT SO TOUGH NOW ARE YA B---H?!?!?!?" By the way, every time I see the word inferential, I want to read it as infernal. Is that Freudian?

I will talk to you later,
Big Brother

P.S. The Catwoman suit migth come in handy at karoke if you wear it on Sunday night.........just a thought.
Me

At 11:17 AM, The Lioness said...

Coke, coke, coke (this is what I can remember from your post right now) coke, coke, coke, coke (haven't had any today) coke, coke, coke (by any other name) COKE COKE COKE!!!!

At 11:08 PM, angelia said...

Ahhh, but have you been tormented by the dream of a giant pepperoni pizza with black olive eyes?