Thursday, October 21, 2004

Ouch!

I wrote yesterday about Floor Walking - the new system for helping bankers at work. We are no longer attached to our phones all day long, we [the helpers] get to walk up to the banker's desk, look at their computer screen, and answer the question.

I am insane. Most of the other helpers just meander over to the banker's desk and point out the answer. I, for some strange reason, am given a boost of energy each time my pager goes off and I run, full out sprint, over to the banker's desk. Why? No clue. Well, that's not true. I want to help the banker's quickly so I can get on to other stuff and they don't have to wait.

My boss was appreciative of the energy and running. He's happy to see someone excited to help the bankers (and he gets a kick out of how I scream EVERY time the pager starts vibrating, "Ah!" - I sound like a bird) and he thinks it increases the positive atmosphere at work.

I am excited because I'm sure I'll lose weight running around work for 3 1/2 - 4 hours a day. Seriously, it's like a constant exercise program. I burned so many calories that I found myself STARVING (okay, maybe not starving, but really, REALLY hungry) by 7 PM. I found out tonight that I can make it to Chipotle and back (no time to eat though) in 32 minutes. I may have driven a little fast. But I also ran to my car. The food was so good when I got back to work.

I haven't been sleeping well or having much of an appetite since THE BOY sat by me at karaoke that fateful Sunday night. I can't believe I'm gushing over this as long as I have. I feel like I'm back in the 9th grade. I giggled and I blushed when someone asked me today how Sunday had gone. It's pathetic (and still fun!).

Why did I mention THE BOY again? Oh yeah, because of the food. Since I haven't had much of an appetite, I haven't been eating overly large meals. Yes, this is terrible. It's not that I want to lose weight (which, I do, but it's not a priority in my life) or that I don't like food. It's just that I'm forgetting to eat. I swear, just thinking of this guy will drop my I.Q. 100 points. So I forget to eat. I need to be better at this.

But running around made me realize how hungry I was. So I went to Chipotle and got three soft shell steak tacos. So simple, yet so satisfying. I swear, it took me about 4 minutes to eat them. And I wished I had gotten 2 orders! Eke! The meal was delicious tonight.

Back to the running at work. The exercise is definitely taking affect. I don't notice any changes (yet), but I do feel the workout. My calves are tight (and adding the fact I'm running around in big, chunky 3-inch heel boots increases the workout). My thighs are feeling the motion. The most pain is in my stomach. Who would have thought running would make my abs hurt? But this is a good thing, so I'll keep pushing myself at work, using my time to do my job AND workout.

The whole not sleeping much may have to do with THE BOY or it may have to do with statistics. I think it's a little of both. I can't fall asleep because I'm so excited about going to karaoke again on Sunday. When I finally do fall asleep, I keep dreaming about statistics! It's evil. The dreams are so boring I wake up. And then I think about THE BOY again. I have never had this much trouble sleeping in my life and I feel for anyone who goes through this on a regular basis. It's rough.

That's all for now. I wish I could think of a good story to post about. DM, Matt, and Keem, any good ideas?

5 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, CarpeDM said...

Yikes. Great exercise for you but I'm laughing over the "Ah!" every time the pager vibrates. Very funny.

Mmm, Chipolte. Yum.

I can't wait for Sunday! You get to see THE BOY! I get to drink Diet Coke with a slice of lime! Life is good!

At 6:47 PM, Matt said...

Little Sister,
The whole working out and getting paid thing for it is awesome, I used to do that when I worked for UPS.

I second the Chipotle, Yum comment from DM, that shnizzile the bomb diggity!

I cannot think of any stories for you right now.

I am sorry.

Are The Queens coming out to play tonight?

Big Brother

At 7:33 PM, CarpeDM said...

Of course they are. What else would the queens do on a Friday night?

At 10:55 AM, Anonymous said...

Trouble sleeping, you poor thing. I hope The Boy will be kind enough to give you MORE reasons to saty awake tomorrow.

STOP mentioning food items I can't get here anyway!!! Argh!

At 7:25 PM, angelia said...

you are too funny for words