Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Study Break #2

I can now understand how food just disappears.

I found a box of Girl Scout cookies in the freezer the other day and I left them out to thaw. They are no longer frozen and I saw the box sitting on the kitchen counter tonight.

Since I needed a break from staring at my computer screen, I went into my kitchen, grabbed the box of wonderfully delicious cookies, and brought it back to the computer.

I opened the package, took out one cookie, and ate half of it. Then I put the other half down.

A few moments later, I picked up the half of the cookie and finished it. I then looked at the package and sat puzzled. There seemed to be four cookies missing instead of the one that I ate.

I honestly do not have any recollection of eating the other three cookies. I know there was no one taking them, it was a period of maybe 4 minutes and I never moved from the computer.

Since I cannot be trusted with the cookies, I have moved them away from me now.

I figure this is proof that statistics will kill your brain. Maybe my brain is so full of stats now that four cookies is cannot be significantly different from one cookie and my memory process just deleted them.

I'M GOING CRAZY! Stats needs to stop!

Update on that horrible system we have to use for class. I got through about 1/3 of the part I needed to turn in two hours ago. Now I have a team project and it is more important than my individual grade, so I'm trying to verbalize these goofy math problems. This is truly the most boring thing I have EVER done!

Thank God for itunes. If there was no such thing as music, I may have driven to California and killed my teacher by now and I would have gotten away with it. No jury would convict a girl frustrated by statistical analysis of murder.

4 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, CarpeDM said...

Yes, that may be true about the jury but I am not willing to take that risk and be Bethless. There will be no killing of the teacher!

Music is good. It is soothing and our friend. Cookies are also good. They are not our friend, however.

At 1:34 PM, Firebear said...

I have to second the whole Bethless thing. Of course I keep thinking about Madonna in "Dick Tracy" saying "I'm Bethless"

At 8:29 PM, brooksba said...

Thanks for the support!

I won't kill anyone. Don't worry.

I thought the same thing with the "Bethless." I had to read it a couple times just to catch that it wasn't "Breathless."

What should I go as for Halloween? DM, Matt - Are you dressing up for karaoke?

Larry - Should I be a pirate?

At 11:35 AM, Firebear said...

I am always for women dressing as pirates. My Beth did last year, and wow! eh, I'll leave it at that.