Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Breaking my train of thought

Ah, I needed a break. I'm doing homework, yet again, and I found out today that I forgot about three assignments due today. At least I remembered the two papers due for our learning group.

Can I just say, I hate regression and statistics? I started to get the whole basic stats stuff but now I'm lost on regression. No clue. There's some problem about a security guard at a mall and how he thinks loss of inventory is due to shoplifting. Do I care what some security guard in North Dakota thinks about shoplifting??? No, I do not. If I could only get Excel to do ALL the work, I'd be happy.

I will be celebrating pretty hard next Wednesday night when stats are behind me. One week to go. Thank you.

Sorry for all the song lyrics on here yesterday. In creating categories, I wanted to add a couple of other songs. I think I got the main ones I want. There may be more, but probably never in the quantity of last night.

Just for fun, here's the conversation between my mom and her boyfriend (Scott) last night when we got home from dinner:

M: Hi baby [talking to the dog], oh, Scotty, someone threw up.
S: I'll get the towels.
M: No, don't, I have some in here already [the one dog is old and gets poop stuck to his butt a lot], go get the extra bedspread from downstairs please.
As he goes to get the spare bedspread, she cleans up the vomit. When he gets back, she hands him the garbage bag full of paper towels and dog vomit.

S: So this is garbage?
M: Well, it's the vomit. You could put it in the refrigerator.
S: Alright.

I found it amusing. Neither of them even blink at vomit anymore. Crazy.

There is a lunar eclipse tonight. I might remember to go outside and look at the moon. Hey, it would be a good break from schoolwork.

3 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Firebear said...

eeeeewwwwww!

At 10:35 AM, CarpeDM said...

I love your mom. I think your dad was right, when I come back, I want to be one of your mom's pets.

At 8:43 PM, Matt said...

All I have to say is this, as far as animal treatment is concerned, there was Ghandi, there is your mom, and then there is Scott. I hope to God to come back as one of your mom's pets as well.
Matt