Tuesday, October 05, 2004

I learned something about myself today

Tonight, my dad gave me two bags of apples. Yes, those of you who know me and have NEVER seen me eat an apple, I did say apples.

I thought, "Hey, free apples! I should try to make something with them." Not being overly ambitious (and not wanting to go to the store for ingredients), I decided to try making baked apples.

What did I learn about myself tonight?

I have NO CLUE how to bake an apple. I can cook when there is a recipe and I can actually grill a pretty decent steak. I can make macaroni and cheese, spaghetti, and other pastas (usually with pre-made sauces), but I can't see to bake an apple.

Does anyone have a good recipe for this? I have 1 1/2 bags of apples left and looking for something good to do with them. Maybe the fall season has hit me. I keep wanting to go to the apple orchard...

3 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, CarpeDM said...

I do not know. I would suggest either finding a good recipe online or finding someone who bakes. Not me. I am not good at following recipes. I know it's hard to believe but I get distracted easily.

At 10:39 PM, Matt said...

Little Sister,

Here is the one and only receipe I found on line for you, I think even Dana could follow this one:
Core Apple
Add Cinnamon, Brown Sugar and Butter to your taste
Bake for thirty minutes at 400 Degrees
Enjoy.

That is what I have found for you, hope it works out for you, let me know. That actually sounds real yummy. Hope you have a good night, I am about to go read some more and then pop a Vicadon and see what I dream of this time.
Big Brother

At 12:15 PM, Firebear said...

HMMM AFTER READING THE ZOMBIE POST (YES I'M READING THEM BACKWARDS) I THINK YOU SHOULD SAVE THE APPLES. THAT WAY YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO THROW AT THE ZOMBIES IF THEY COME BY LOOKING FOR SOME OF THAT ZOMBIE LOVIN' THAT WAS MENTIONED. OF COURSE THAT WOULD MEAN THAT ZOMBIE'S READ YOUR BLOG. IT MAKES SENSE, IF ZOMBIE'S NOW HAVE CELL PHONES, THAT THEY WOULD HAVE INTERNET ACCESS.
ZOMBIES AND VAMPIRES, I CAN TELL ITS OCTOBER.